Sunday, December 7, 2014

Raspberry Pi Case From Wifi Router


You have most likely seen one of these somewhere before.

This case style is very common.  If you happen to get your hands on one, you can make a great case for the Raspberry Pi.

(Or, you can re-load the router firmware.  See dd-wrt.org for more information.)

I had two in my huge pile of junk, so I though I'd have some fun. This was literally a ten minute project.


The case pops apart easily, if you know the trick.  Grab the blue front part and pull apart from the rear part.  After that, the top and bottom will come apart. A couple of screws later and you have prime case material.



I drilled two holes to mount the Pi and trimmed the rear opening just a little. It needs a better power connector.














One good thing about these cases, they stack very nicely.

Now to search the pile of junk for a hard drive. There is enough room to add one in this case.













Works Great!



No comments:

Post a Comment